this is how your
will feel at its best
These are the elements you need to consider in terms of its daily care. By doing so, you will get to enjoy your Dionaea muscipula for a long time.
- Never give any fertiliser to the carnivorous plant.
- Make sure the carnivorous plant is in a sunny spot.
- It likes to have wet feet, never let the plant dry out: so make sure to give it plenty of water.
- If possible, use rainwater, osmosis or demineralised water. Do you not (yet) have this kind of water at home? Then you can temporarily give the carnivorous plants some tap water. If you are using a lot of tap water, make sure you repot the carnivorous plant at least once a year.
- Use a nutrient-free soil, such as a 1:1 mix of peat moss & perlite, or use special carnivorous plant soil (which has been specially developed for carnivorous plants).
- Remove any dead leaves and traps.
- The Dionaea needs a rest during the winter. During this rest period, it is important not to give the plant too much water (just enough to keep it moist) and to keep it in a cooler place.
- Never give real meat (insects are allowed).
You will see that if you take care of the plant like this, you will get to enjoy this beauty for an incredibly long time.
Do you still have some questions? Or do you still have problems with the care of your plant? Send us an e-mail and we will be happy to help.